Who doesn’t dream of quitting after graduation? Be it with the backpack or the VW bus just go and explore the big wide world. Pack the essentials and see where you get out in the morning. That sounds so tempting, you always need a little bit of money.
Requirements for working on the go
A very basic requirement is that the job you have chosen is actually location-independent. An olive plantation in the mountains of Greece can be beautiful, but it cannot be harvested from everywhere, only in this wonderful place that is not сan be moved or even taken away. You should also look for places with a good internet connection and sufficient power supply to be able to work remotely. This is difficult without the Internet and electricity. If you then get a remote job, you should plan well in advance, for example when it comes to deadlines. A little damage buffer can not harm you if you get stressed because the next flight or ferry might leave in a few hours, etc. Having a working laptop is another important requirement for this type of job. You need this to be able to do your work regularly on the Internet.
Perseverance and self-discipline are other important requirements so that you don’t just stop working and sit on the beach. Please do it only after work. Your fixed costs should also be reduced because you are not on vacation. Look in advance what contracts you may no longer need abroad, such as those of the fitness studio or the weekly newspaper. Try to keep your fixed costs to a minimum. In general, you should lower your expectations. Cook yourself as often as possible and don’t use the most expensive accommodations. The English should be fairly proficient. This will help you a lot in a wide variety of situations, including at work.
Besides, think about your individual, fixed structures. These are important to bring some routine into “everyday work”. Set the alarm clock, for example, so that you don’t oversleep the whole morning and definitely take out health insurance if you plan to stay abroad longer and also work from there. Because only those who get well again quickly can go to work with fun.
Opportunities to work while traveling
We have now listed the most popular jobs for you on the go:
- Copywriter – Write texts for numerous internet sites, etc.
- Photographer – Sell your own pictures.
- Programmer – Programming for different companies, etc.
- Graphic artist – Designs for various customers on the go.
- Translators – They are also often sought abroad.
- Virtual assistance – Support projects, companies, or private individuals virtually in various areas.
- Blogger – Start your own blog with interesting travel information.
- Trading – By trading or speculation on the securities and foreign exchange market can be good for making money.
- Coaching – If you are particularly familiar with a subject, you can act as a trainer, consultant, or coach.
- T-shirts’ design – Design your own t-shirts and market them.
- Likewise, handmade items such as necklaces, bracelets, or rings can be sold well on the Internet or at parties and festivals.
As you can see, there are a lot of options for working on the go. The best thing to do is to start looking for a remote job for your trip and also to take some savings with you to be on the safe side. So nothing should stand in the way of long journeys or working on the go.